Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Outside my window...It is dark.
I am thinking...who is going to get voted off of Dancing with the Stars tonight.
I am thankful for.....having two wonderful parents who lets me live with them as long as I pay for rent which I don't mind doing at all.
From the Kitchen..nothing now since dinner is over with.
I am wearing....my pajamas
I am reading...Seeds of Yesterday by V.C. Andrews.
I am hoping.....that the weather will finallly start to cool off and in the daytime we will be able to have the air off soon. We already have the air off at nights which is wonderful but I want to have it cool so we don't have to have the air on. I mean come on it's almost November 1st cool off already.
I am hearing...The andy Griffith Show.
A few plans for the rest of the week......I have to go to work tomorrow and on Thursday I have to go to the dentist in the afternoon and Friday we have to take the dogs to the groomers and later in the afternoon I have to get my schedule and paycheck and Saturday is my 32nd Birthday!!!!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
Monday, October 27, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
LDL - 140
My dr. wants me to go on a low cholestrol diet and I am supposed to go back in January to get another blood test done but the nurse didn't tell me what a low cholestrol diet is so I am guessing it's a lot of vegetables, fruit, Soy, fish. I don't know if I will go back in January because I haven't really done anything to lower the cholestrol and I don't think that it's that bad anyway.
I really need to find another doctor's office because this one that I go to is not good at all and the staff is not nice at all. I mean I can understand if you're having a bad day but don't be rude to the patients becasue I for one am very tempted to find another dr.
Sorry for the ranting but I just needed to get this off my chest. I had a much better day after that. My mom and I went and got subway for lunch and then we went to Summer Winds Nursery to look for some flowers and we came back home and I watched two episodes of Supernatural and that was it. I will probably read some tonight or tomorrow. I have no idea what we are going to do tomorrow but we'll do something.
Dear Father: Bless the person reading this in whatever it is that You know they need. Amen.If you received this message in error, or do not wish to receive the Positive Spiritual Living newsletter, please see the instructions at the end of the newsletter for removal.
We turn to God for help when our foundations are shaking, only to learn that it is God who is shaking them. - UnknownSubject: Today I will be handling all ....
This is God. Today I will be handling All of your problems for you. I do Not need your help. So, have a nice day.I love you...P.S. And, remember... If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do Not attempt to resolve it yourself! Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours. Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life Now.Should you decide to send this to a friend; Thank you. You may have touched their life in ways you will never know!Now, you have a nice day.
God"Life...the time God gives you to determine how you will spend eternity".
Three Bullets There once was a man who had nothing for his family to eat. He had an old rifle and three bullets. So, he decided that he would go out hunting and kill some wild game for dinner. As he went down the road, he saw a rabbit. He shot at the rabbit and missed it. The rabbit ran away. Then he saw a squirrel and fired a shot at the squirrel and missed it. The squirrel disappeared into a hole in a cottonwood tree. As he went further, he saw a large wild 'Tom' turkey in the tree, but he had only one bullet remaining. A voice spoke to him and said, 'Pray first, aim high and stay focused.' However, at the same time, he saw a deer which was a better kill. He brought the gun down and aimed at the deer. But, then he saw a rattlesnake between his legs about to bite him, so he naturally brought the gun down further to shoot the rattlesnake. Still, the voice said again to him, ''I said, 'Pray, Aim high and Stay focused.'' So, the man decided to listen to God's voice. He prayed, then aimed the gun high up in the tree and shot the wild turkey. The bullet passed thru the turkey and killed the deer. The handle fell off the gun and hit the snake in the head and killed it. And, when the gun had gone off, it knocked him into a pond. When he stood up to look around, he had fish in all his pockets, a dead deer and a turkey to eat for his family. The snake (Satan) was dead simply because the man listened to God. Moral of the story: Pray first before you do anything, aim and shoot high in your goals, and stay focused on God. Never let others discourage you concerning your past. The past is exactly that... 'the past.' Live every day one day at a time and remember that only God knows our future and that God will not put you through any more than you can bear. Do not look to man for your blessings, but look to the doors that only God has prepared in advance for you in your favor. Wait, be still and patient: keep God first and everything else will follow.A meal, however simple, is a moment of intersection. It is at once the most basic, the most fundamental, of our life's activities, maintaining the life of our bodies; shared with others it can be anoccasion of joy and communion, uniting people deeply.- Elise Boulding
I publish two newsletters 3P – Positive People Power! and PSL - Positive Spiritual Living. If you want to be added to the mailing list, please forward your email address to me and I will put you on the subscriber’s list. – Thanks!Jim Gentil – Mr. PositiveP.O. Box 340108 - Austin, TX 78734 Office: 512-261-4940 Fax: 512-261-4979E-mail: Jim@JimGentil.comhttp://www.jimgentil.com/
Stop asking God to bless what you’re doing.Get involved in what God is doing—because it’s already blessed.I honor and respect the God and the Goodness within you!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
And we are going out to mimmi's Cafe for dinner tonight and when my Dad calls tonight I will be able to talk to him so I am looking forward to that.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
You can find this quiz at the same address as for the superhero one.
Your results:You are Spider-Man You are intelligent, witty, a bit geeky and have great power and responsibility
Click here to take the "Which Superhero are you?" quiz...
Monday, October 20, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
movie I saw which was awful. It was Burn after reading and I don't reccomend it at all.
Anyway I am so happy that I have a Saturday off. Next Saturday I have to work and the Saturday after that I have off because it's my Birthday and I don't really want to work on my Birthday.
Friday, October 17, 2008
1. You know how some people have addictions to smoking or gambling or drinking or whatever else? Well, I have an addiction to Supernatural. I mean I totally love this show and it is the most underrated TV show. I know you thought I was going to say spending or something else, huh? But, no my addiction is definitely to Supernatural. So if you haven't checked it out yet make sure to check it out. It comes on every Thursday on the CW which is channel 6 here in Phoenix and it comes on at 8PM.
2. I do spend a lot of money on books movies and Cd's. My parents tell me I could open a music store with all of the Cd's I have.
3. I love searching for different things on the Internet.
4. Next to Christmas my favorite holiday is Halloween. Why Halloween? because the next day is my birthday. I was actually supposed to be born on Halloween but I waited until Nov 1st.
5. I love going out and taking pictures of anything I can find.
6. I like trying to find bargains on books or movies or Cd's.
Well, there you have six random things about me.
Friday, October 10, 2008
I may not be the most eloquent person when typing and exressing my thoughs and I don't know if I'm even doing this right but I will do my best so here goes:
I decieded to focus on poverty in the USA because we are the most
advanced country and yet we still have thousands of Americans who are living below the poverty line and there are tons of thousands of americans who are homeless. I know there are a lot of homelesss people in big cities because I live in a big city and I see them where I work almost daily. A lot of these people do have mental problems but alot of them also have probably lost their jobs and they are having a hard time getting back on their feet. It is sad to think that we live in the most advanced country and yet we still have so many people living in Poverty. I am going to include a video from you tube that shows some statistics about poverty and on my other blog I will be posting some pictures of people in poverty. Here is a link to a video on you tube. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=di-zjm5mmdE&NR=1. We do need the government to do something but you and I can make a difference in a variety of ways. The website that is hosting this has alot of good resources and ideas that you and I can do to help those living in Povery. Just go to http://blogactionday.org/ and start exploring what you and I can do.
I personally have to live with my parents because there would be absolutley no way that I could make it on my own and making only minimum wage it's hard to live on my own. I feel very blessed to have such wonderful parents that will let me live with them and pay rent because without them I truly believe that I would be living on the streets or working at least two jobs to make ends meat. There is a quote that I feel sums up everything I just said: "There for the grace of God goes I" I don't know who said it but I heard it somewhere and I love that quote.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:45
!2. Diamonds or pearls? pearls
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Burn after reading
.4. What is your favourite TV show? Supernatural
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal, bannana, and english muffin
6. What is your middle name? Ann
7. What food do you dislike? peas. I know it's a vegetable but oh well
8. What is your favourite CD at the moment? Boy meets girl
9. What kind of car do you drive? I don't drive my mom drives me where I want to go.
10. Favourite sandwich? Ham and cheese on wheat bread.
11. What characteristic do you despise? negativity
12. Favourite item of clothing? Jeans or shorts
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? England
14. Favourite brand of clothing? I don't really buy anything that's name brand just what fits.
15. Where would you retire to? somewhere up North. Maybe Prescott
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? I have had a lot of memorable birthdays it's hard to narrow it down to just one.
17. Favorite sport to watch? Baseball
.18. When is your birthday?. November 1st
19. Are you a morning person or a night person? night
20. What is your shoe size? 7 1/2 or 8 it depends on the shoe.
.21. Pets? Three adorable shitzus
22. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share with us? Not really
23. What did you want to be when you were little? an actress
24. How are you today? I'm good now that the day is almost over with
25. What is your favourite candy(lollie/chocolate)? Hershey bar
!26. What is your favourite flower? Roses
27. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? My birthday
28. What is your full name? I don't feel comfortable to disclose that info.
29. What are you listening to right now? Dancing with the stars
30. What was the last thing you ate? Homemade pizza.
.31. Do you wish on stars? No, not really
32. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Purple
33. How is the weather right now? Absolutley beautiful nice and cool. Fall is definitley on the way.
34. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? My grandmother
35. Favourite soft drink? Idon't drink sodas anymore
36. Favourite restaurant? Snake and shake in MO. Here in Phoenix Red Robin
37. Real hair colour? Brown
38. What was your favourite toy as a child? Barbie dolls
39. Summer or winter? winter
40. Hugs or kisses? kissess
41. Chocolate or Vanilla? Choclate
42. Coffee or tea? Tea
43. When was the last time you cried? A couple of nights ago it was a bad night.
44. What is under your bed? lots of junk a couple of purses, bags, other odds and ends.
45. What did you do last night? Watched TV and fell asleep.
46. What are you afraid of? The unknown
47. Salty or sweet? Sweet
48. How many keys on your key ring? My house key and Car key. I share a car with my Mom.
49. How many years at your current job? Eleven years at Safeway as a courtesy clerk.
50. Favourite day of the week? Thursday
51. How many places have you lived in? I was born in VA lived in MO and then lived in PA for 10 years and now here in Phoenix. Tha'ts four places I lived in.
52. Do you make friends easily? Not really.
We will see who will be our next president on November 4th.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Yesterday was a good day at work and I was able to go home early which was good since I was tired from PMS and this morning I woke up with a headache but that is definitley hormone related. My PMDD is better today.
I am still hoping to get my own laptop after my birthday which is in Novermber the first of november to be exact.
I think God is teaching me to have patience and to wait but darn it I want it(laptop) now.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
I am thinking...
From the kitchen...
I am wearing... polka dots pajamas
I am creating...
I am going...
I am reading... Seeds of yesterday
I am hoping... tomorrow will be a good day
I am hearing... the radio from my parents room
Around the house...
One of my favorite things... spending time with my family
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: work, dust my room and clean bathroom and hopefully read some on Thursday and maybe a movie on Friday
Here is picture thought I am sharing...(add your picture here)
Saturday, October 4, 2008
The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things rightif I surrender to His Will;That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with HimForever in the next. Amen.
Friday, October 3, 2008
On the good side I got my TV today but I have to wait until November 1 st to get it hooked up since that is my birthday and it is the only birthday present that I am going to get from my parents which is totally cool with me. I don't want anything else really.
We took the dogs to get grooming this morning. Boy, they needed it too!! After waiting for four weeks or longer because the groomers were closed for a week and we want to keep them on the same schedule it was actually closer to a month and they are still up there. We are picking them up now YEAH!!!!!
We also went to famous footwear to find some shoes but I didn't find anything and neither did my mom which is weird for her because she can find shoes that fit almost every time. Not this time though. I have to get my shoes at SAS or at Anne's wide shoes and they are expensive but since I have had to deal with Plantar fascitis I am not taking the risk of it hurting again so that's why my shoes cost more than other people.
I am picking up the dogs now. Bye!!!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Tomorrow morning my TV that I am going to get for my birthday is going to come. I will have to practice some self control and not beg my parents to let me have the TV sooner because that is all I am getting for my birthday which is November 1 st. So it will be a long wait but I can wait until my birthday I am going to have to.
Well, that's it for now. Goodnight
Footprints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
We were really slow and that isn't good because by this time of year the snowbirds come and
then it starts getting busy but it hasn't gotten busy yet. I hope that the snow birds do come and help boost our economy because if they don't come that means we don't get much hours and that's not good. All I can really do is Pray that it starts getting busy again.