Friday, October 10, 2008

Poverty in USA

I thought I would post this before the 15th because I might not have time ot post it so here it is:

I may not be the most eloquent person when typing and exressing my thoughs and I don't know if I'm even doing this right but I will do my best so here goes:


I decieded to focus on poverty in the USA because we are the most
advanced country and yet we still have thousands of Americans who are living below the poverty line and there are tons of thousands of americans who are homeless. I know there are a lot of homelesss people in big cities because I live in a big city and I see them where I work almost daily. A lot of these people do have mental problems but alot of them also have probably lost their jobs and they are having a hard time getting back on their feet. It is sad to think that we live in the most advanced country and yet we still have so many people living in Poverty. I am going to include a video from you tube that shows some statistics about poverty and on my other blog I will be posting some pictures of people in poverty. Here is a link to a video on you tube. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=di-zjm5mmdE&NR=1. We do need the government to do something but you and I can make a difference in a variety of ways. The website that is hosting this has alot of good resources and ideas that you and I can do to help those living in Povery. Just go to http://blogactionday.org/ and start exploring what you and I can do.



I personally have to live with my parents because there would be absolutley no way that I could make it on my own and making only minimum wage it's hard to live on my own. I feel very blessed to have such wonderful parents that will let me live with them and pay rent because without them I truly believe that I would be living on the streets or working at least two jobs to make ends meat. There is a quote that I feel sums up everything I just said: "There for the grace of God goes I" I don't know who said it but I heard it somewhere and I love that quote.

No comments: